:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

TDRP022: 170106-170118 "Stonewalled"

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We support UFSA as much as we can and we provide mentorship to the JOOP & CGSD graduate programs.
We roleplay in-world on a drop-in and scheduled basis. We also add to our history and environment by writing RP Narratives, Mission Logs & Personal Stories for the UFS forum.
Inspired by the ship's namesake, the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant, crew members work to exemplify the behaviour, actions & vision of United Federation Starfleet in everything they do. Our first rule: to be kind to one another. And have fun.
Please note we practice Post Order (P.O.) and One Post in our Roleplays. For further info, contact the C.O.!

Roleplay Times: Sundays 11:15am SLT
Commanding Officer: Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Evelyn Rieko

Moderators: Greenlantern Excelsior, Poison Toocool, Evelyn Rieko

Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL

Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

RP Log Stardate 170106
-----------------------------

Poison Toocool could have talked to the Doctor in her own Ready Room, but she'd felt in need of a walk. She sighs as the doors to Sick Bay slide open. She cast a glance around, and then moved to the doctor's office.

"Greetings, Ma'am." Doctor Data Axel looks up from the computer to look at her captain.

Toocool nodded, but did not sit down. "We have a problem," she said, looking absently at the artwork on the walls. "As you probably know, we arrived at New Talax last night, but we were asked to stay in orbit until the Chancellor awoke this morning. I just got off the horn with him. They won't take the forty-five back. Not yet," she whirled, pacing. "Apparently they have some kind of an epidemic - or so they claim. And so we can't beam anyone down."

Axel nods: Any idea what kind of epidemic it is talked about?

Toocool: "No idea. He was very sketchy in the details." She finally sits down, leaning towards the doctor. "Fever, a few deaths, a large part of population confined to homes or in facilities. We've scanned the planet, but it appears that some of our scans are being reflected back by their planetary shielding." Her voice drops and she adds dryly, "Very convenient."

"Fever does not regularly cause death unless it is too high. But if they hide by shields then there must be more behind it." The Doctor taps on the computer to look up on causes of death on Talaxians. "Are we able to get in contact with New Talax Medical on the planet to see if they can give any information so we can help?"

"My sixth sense tells me there is more going on here. He was very abrupt with me." She shuffles. "You can try to contact them. But there seems to be an issue with comms. Even the head of the Talaxian group on board says that none of them have been able to contact family."

Axel raises an eyebrow: "That is indeed fairly suspicious of them. Why would they recline any contact from off the planet."

"This group we're bringing home have been gone for a long time," she shakes her head, "I don't know every species but it seems to me when someone's been gone for nearly a year, their friends or family would want to see them. Unless..." her voice trails off. "I suppose it could have something to do with money or belongings." She makes a mental note to talk to science. "While we don't know what's really going on, we should try to establish whether this epidemic is real or not. Any ideas?"

"I can set up a repeat call to talk to their medical department, and try work on the tiny information that I have to see if there is anything to go on. *looks at computer again and continues to think what do to with lack of information to go on. Axel thinks a little bit more: What about asking them what they need to want their people back?

"It seems very strange to me. I always thought of Talaxians as friendly and helpful. I wonder if... I wonder if they are being influenced in some way?" She pulls her PADD from its holster and punches a few buttons. "Nothing on sensors but some Talaxian freighters." She nods to the Doctor's suggestion. "The Chancellor said they could not take these people back until the quarantine is lifted. I offered to help, of course. He didn't reply." She thinks for a moment, "What would you need to determine if this is real or not? Full sensor access?"

Axel: And if possible get a probe close to atmosphere that way we can easier see if there is any airborne contamination.

Toocool: "We can't penetrate their shields at the moment. I don't think I can take the ship down lower, and we can't beam anyone down." She purses her lips. "I wonder if we could find a weak spot and get a shuttle through their defences. It would be risky though. We've been expressly told to stay away. Diplomatically, we might be rocking the boat if we try to get through their defences." She pauses. "Hmm a probe would be even better... smaller and less easy to detect. What class would you recommend?"

Axel: Not engineer wise of me, but the smallest that can just send reading from a few meters from shields. Also, do we not have some Cardassian delegation onboard these days. I am sure they would be willing to have one of them join the shuttle if we found a hole to poke through. Make it official Cardassian attendance.

Toocool: "I still have the problem that we've been told to stay away. I can't send any delegates of any kind down without a good reason... "

Axel: Then I suggest we send down a probe not more than 6meters from the shielding. And do a scan of the surroundings. Even with shields, some atmosphere does get out in to space.

Toocool touches her combadge, "Toocool to Ops. Prepare a microprobe to enter the planet shielding. Tactical, find a weak area of the shield and provide coordinates. Telemetry to be sent directly to sick bay. Engineering and Helm, stand by to move the ship if needed to effect optimum delivery."

Axel: Hopefully we get some good reading that we can use to see if there are anything or not. *nods*

"You will have some further information in a few minutes, Doctor. Based on your knowledge of Talaxians, can you come up with any theories with regard to what kind of inflection would cause the major population to be affected?"

Axel thinks: "Maybe if something got into their respiratory system it would cause fairly sudden death. As their bodies are very complicated." He taps computer to verify his thought: "Worst thing would be spinal cord infection. Their respiratory system is directly linked to it."

Toocool: "I hope it isn't something like metreon. But that seems unlikely." Her combadge chirps. "Toocool here. Good. Launch probe." She breathes out. "Here I go creating a diplomatic incident." The badge chirps again. "Alight Doctor, you should have your telemetry in a moment." Poison looks expectantly at her PADD,

Axel stands up to look at the screen behind her desk for when the readings come.

Ah, good," Toocool mutters, looking at her PADD. "We seem to be receiving."

Axel: Very good. *taps the screen to get more details up and starts to look over it as it comes in*

Poison Toocool: "The probe is moving to be in range of the capital city. Ah... there, it's in place. Hopefully small enough not to be detected, while transmitting to us on an encrypted channel." He continues to tap the screen then turns around to go to another console and look over the readings: There seems to be some abnormality in the scans I get here.

"Report," Toocool said in her customary way.

Axel: From what I can read as of now there seems to be some type of airborne contamination. *scratches head* How and what it is I can not say.

"Then there is some kind of illness." Toocool stood up with a slight sense of relief. "I guess the chancellor wasn't trying to hide anything after all. Investigate this as thoroughly as possible. Can I get a full report in one hour?" She moved to the office door, still musing over her diplomatic options.

Axel starts to cross-reference the Talaxian physiology with the containment: I will do my best, captain.

"I'd expect nothing less," Toocool smiles briefly, nods, and moves to the door.

=^=
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

USS Taylorholic Durant NCC-780304
Subject: Medical Report
Stardate: 170106

Ship has arrived at New Talax, we were unable to send the people we had onboard. We came to the conclusion to have a probe sent down to scan for any contamination. The scans we got back were directed to sickbay. We found contamination in their air.

------
Doctor's log:

I received the telemetry in my office. I started to cross-reference the scans with the Talaxian physiology. I found out that the airborne contamination infected their respiratory system. As it is linked to their spinal cords, it makes it easier for viruses to evolve once inhaled into the body. And can then cause damage to their bodies.

In this report I will include my suggested prescription of medicine to offer in a combined dosage:

1cc antigen
2cc Hyronalin-Lectrazine
0,5cc Leporazine
3cc Tryptophan-lysine distillate
Combined dosage is 6,5cc. The Tryptophan-lysine distillate can be adjusted depending the patient.

End Report
Captain Data Axel, M.D. C.M.O.
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

United Federation Starfleet
USS Taylorholic Durant NCC-780304
===============================

Chief Medical Report Log
Stardate: 170115
Report submitted by: Captain Data Axel
Subject: New Talax Medical Situation

------
Doctor's log:

Suggested dosage of medicine to offer in a combined dosage:
1cc antigen
2cc Hyronalin-Lectrazine
0,5cc Leporazine
3cc Tryptophan-lysine distillate
Combined dosage is 6,5cc. The Tryptophan-lysine distillate can be adjusted depending the patient.

Supplemental:

Dosage did do as hoped, but as the virus was unique the Talaxian Medical officials changed the dosages as they needed for their people. I was given the medical report from New Talax on the medicines used and how it works so that we would have knowledge.

End Report
Captain Data Axel, M.D. C.M.O.
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

Durant Ship's Log
Stardate 170118.2200 GT
==================

Status: Synchronous high orbit above planetary defence shield