Mission #208: The Mystery of Ullipallilli Station, Pt. 2

USS Maxwell, NCC-21873, is a Nova-class science and survey vessel based out of Pinastri Colony on the Second Life Grid. We are currently a mission of exploration in the Hapke Cluster, an open star cluster of some 10,000 star systems. We are open to new crew! Please inquire with Captain Nora Gerhadsen or with Commander April Coswell. We are particularly interested in Science, Engineering and Operations officers.

Roleplay Times: Thursdays 6pm to 8pm SLT
Commanding Officer: Captain Nora Gerhadsen
Executive Officer: Commander April Coswell

Moderators: Nora Gerhadsen, JayceRebel, April Coswell

April Coswell
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Duty Post: Executive Officer - USS Maxwell
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Stardate: 190401

Mission Name: The Mystery of Ullipallilli Station, Part 2

Story Concept: April Coswell and Nora Gerhadsen

The following information is IN CHARACTER information.

Alert Status: green

=============================================

We are investigating a series of strange occurrences at Ullipallilli station. Since our arrival, we've noticed objects flying out of nowhere, often at people. In addition, Lt. Commander Naiver's phaser was snatched from his holster and reappeared about 20 feet away, severely mangled.

Something is afoot, and we need questions answered.

In Service,
Captain April Coswell, Executive Officer, USS Maxwell

OOC Notes:

- This mission card was written after the fact. Much fun was had!

* These duties are very general ideas, feel free to add to them and fill things in.

--> We are a science and survey ship. That means we find weird stuff sometimes. Create! Let's see what we all can come up with!

* Please allow people to do their jobs and be thoughtful of the fact that people join departments and divisions to do their jobs. Try not to step on their functions. If you have something to help someone (advise that they may or may not follow) instead of saying something publically, it might be more useful to IM them and discuss it with them.

* Departments should be working together. There should be enough possibilities for everyone as long as they all work together and cooperatively. Do not be afraid to do OOC planning in IM.

* This is more or less freeform, but please don't have it as "Q did this". We need to get ourselves out of our own jams (not that this has ever been a problem with this crew).

Remember that the point of all this is to have fun! Good luck and have at!
Captain April Samantha Coswell
Executive Officer, USS Maxwell
April Coswell
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Executive Officer: Captain April Coswell

Chief of Operations and Second Officer: Commander Jayce Rebel

Chief Engineer: Commander Sandie Blackburn
Vice Chief Engineer: Commander Jak Forcella

Ship's Cook: Te'ellis (xxfadeintomistxx Schism)

Security Officer (Marine Detailee):Major Lucius Thorgrimsson (Lucius Wylder)
Security Officer: Lt. Commander Sinbad Naiver (Nerfstriker2010)
Security Officer: Lieutenant Talon Silvercloud

Guests

Commander Derlek of Ullipallilli Station: Commander Kristoff Jameson
The Uhtu: Commodore Nora Gerhadsen
Mousican 1: Geelaine Beaumont
Mousican 2: JJ Beaumont
April Coswell
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

United Federation Starfleet
USS Maxwell
NCC - 21873
=A= Executive Officer’s Log =A=
Captain April Coswell reporting

Executive Officer’s Log:

Stardate: 190402

Alert Status: red

Narrative

Following the stange happenings at Ullipallilli station, I have ordered the security staff to conduct an investigation of the areas that seem to be a focal point for these events where things seem to either disappear or appear out of mid-air - often travelling at some speed. While Major Thorgrimmsson and Lieutenant Silvercloud questioned the bartender - a mouseoid creature who goes by the name JJ - and another mouseoid bar customer, I made it a point to question the station commander. I was met with first denial, then some admission that something was going on but that it was of no concern, and then some mounting resistance to my questioning.

I made sure that Commander Derlek knew that I didn't mean to cross any bounds in terms of jurisdiction, but that since an officer of mine - Lt. Commander Naiver - had personally had his phaser taken from him and destroyed, this made it my business to get involved. I told him that since his security staff did not seem to want to investigate, I had to commit mine to do so.

In the meantime, Major Thorgrimmsson and Lieutenant Silvercloud were able to detect a significant energy signature from behind the bar itself. They attempted to go behind to investigate, but were met with fierce resistance by the bartender. Similarly, Commander Derlek repeated that we had no jurisdiction here and threatened to have us removed. Again, I insisted that as Starfleet property had been tampered with, it was my duty to conduct an investigation.

To resolve the issue of jurisdiction, I had Commander Rebel beam all those present in the station's bar to the cargo bay onboard the Maxwell. This meant, other than the away team, Commander Derlek, bartender JJ, as well as two bar patrons - the aforementioned "Mousican", as she described herself, and a tall, purple creature dressed in a cloak who introduced herself as a Uhtu.

Although Commander Derlek protested, he finally admitted that the Mousicans - JJ and Geelaine - had been experimenting with a pocket wormhole generator. The Uhtu - belonging to a people whose technology is evidently far more advanced - confirmed this to me. I was discussing with this creature regarding the wisdom of providing knowledge/technology to people who weren't ready for it (the Mousicans) when suddenly alarms went off on the ship. The latest reports are that Maxwell's singularity core has vanished. Of course, this puts the ship - and the station - in immediate danger of being obliterated should the core lose integrity.

In service,

Captain April Coswell, Executive Officer, in command of the USS Maxwell

Return to “USS Maxwell”