Mission #220: Thunder and the Tyrant

USS Maxwell, NCC-21873, is a Nova-class science and survey vessel based out of Pinastri Colony on the Second Life Grid. We are currently a mission of exploration in the Hapke Cluster, an open star cluster of some 10,000 star systems. We are open to new crew! Please inquire with Captain Nora Gerhadsen or with Commander April Coswell. We are particularly interested in Science, Engineering and Operations officers.

Roleplay Times: Thursdays 6pm to 8pm SLT
Commanding Officer: Captain Nora Gerhadsen
Executive Officer: Commander April Coswell

Moderators: Nora Gerhadsen, JayceRebel, April Coswell

Nora Gerhadsen
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Duty Post: Captain | USS Maxwell
Ship/Station Posted: USS Maxwell
Grid: Second Life

Stardate: 190729

Mission Name: Thunder and the Tyrant

Story Concept: Jayce Rebel/Nora Gerhadsen

The following information is IN CHARACTER information.

Alert Status: green

USS Maxwell is recovering from one of its many ill-conceived misadventures, but is being redirected from her mission to the Hapke Cluster to go to the last known location of USS Thunderbird, which has gone missing. Fleet Captain Elizabeth Pendleton has been given temporary command of the ship to facilitate an orderly and efficient mission, especially with the current Acting CO being under the weather for whatever reason.

=============================================

In Service,
Fleet Captain Elizabeth "Betsy" Pendleton, Acting CO, USS Maxwell

OOC Notes:

- This notecard was done after the fact. And uh oh, don't look now, but Betsy Pendleton is temporarily in charge of the Maxwell. Will the ship ever be the same?

* These duties are very general ideas, feel free to add to them and fill things in.

--> We are a science and survey ship. That means we find weird stuff sometimes. Create! Let's see what we all can come up with!

* Please allow people to do their jobs and be thoughtful of the fact that people join departments and divisions to do their jobs. Try not to step on their functions. If you have something to help someone (advise that they may or may not follow) instead of saying something publically, it might be more useful to IM them and discuss it with them.

* Departments should be working together. There should be enough possibilities for everyone as long as they all work together and cooperatively. Do not be afraid to do OOC planning in IM.

* This is more or less freeform, but please don't have it as "Q did this". We need to get ourselves out of our own jams (not that this has ever been a problem with this crew).

Remember that the point of all this is to have fun! Good luck and have at!
Nora Gerhadsen
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore

*Crew Roster*

Commanding Officer: Fleet Captain Elizabeth "Betsy" Pendleton (Commodore Nora Gerhadsen)

Chief of Operations/Second Officer: Commander Jayce Rebel
Helm Officer: Lieutenant Talon Silvercloud
Ship's Cook: Te'ellis (xxFadeIntoMistxx Schism)

Vice Chief of Security: Lt. Commander Sinbad Naiver (Nerfstriker2010)

Medical Officer: Lieutenant Guenevere Mesmeriser

Guests:

Commander Ariel Arrowmint
Ensign Salek (chrisheath Resident)
Sergeant RebelIV
Nora Gerhadsen
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore

United Federation Starfleet
USS Maxwell
NCC - 21873
=A= Captain's Log =A=
Fleet Captain Elizabeth Pendleton (NPC) recording

Captain's Log:

Stardate: 190729

Alert Status: green

How does this thing work again? Oh. So I hit this button and, oh, right.

Where was I? Oh, yes. Captain's log, Stardate... What do you mean it's already in there? Whatever. All right, here we go again.

I have taken command of USS Maxwell as per orders from Starfleet Command. My orders say this is a temporary assignment, but I will be doing my level best to make sure they're permanent!

What do you mean, that's not the sort of thing one puts in a Captain's Log? The Log is meant for my personal impressions! This is perfectly acceptable material! Go away. Yes, that's right. Begone!

Right. Let's try that again. I'm in command now, and they can't shake me out of it this time. Of course, it would be better if I had gotten a real ship. Maybe a Galaxy, or an Ambassador Class, or even an Odyssey. Instead, I've got this horrid, rinkydink old tub, the Maxwell. I never worried too much about their requests for a new replicator system, but suddenly I've got to deal with this obnoxious Romulan cook. So we'll be fixing the replicators as soon as possible, to be sure. Not to mention a bunch of other things around here. Time to get a real warp core back in this ship. That Romulan monstrosity makes me nervous.

But anyway. The Maxwell's mission to the Hapke Cluster had to be interrupted so that she could be sent to investigate a missing ship. As I told Captain Coswell, I would have happily sent some other ship, but Maxwell was all there was in the area. And with Coswell coming down with some unspecified ailment, I took it upon myself to go and take command. With proper orders first, of course.

Anyway. We are no closer to finding the cause of the ship's disappearance, but we did recover some survivors. They are recovering in Sick Bay. We'll want to head back to Pinastri, of course, and deposit the survivors in the medical facilities there, for eventual reassignment. And in the meantime, the mission to the Hapke Cluster will have to be put off, Commodore Gerhadsen's distress signal notwithstanding. She knows it's many weeks before anyone can reasonably be expected to be on-station to help her. Maybe she'll be more careful next time. If there is a next time. She's probably already dead by now anyway. But whatever. That's a matter for after this business is done.

You! Yes, you, over there. How do I shut this thing off? Oh, right, I hit --

In service
Fleet Captain Elizabeth Pendleton (NPC), USS Maxwell commanding (temporary)

Return to “USS Maxwell”