:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket via Help Desk or #Support-Attrium in the UFS Discord Server.

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

(Durant) TDRPMT003: Classified Retrieval (180102)

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We support UFSA as much as we can and we provide mentorship to the JOOP & CGSD graduate programs.
We roleplay in-world on a drop-in and scheduled basis. We also add to our history and environment by writing RP Narratives, Mission Logs & Personal Stories for the UFS forum.
Inspired by the ship's namesake, the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant, crew members work to exemplify the behaviour, actions & vision of United Federation Starfleet in everything they do. Our first rule: to be kind to one another. And have fun.
Please note we practice Post Order (P.O.) and One Post in our Roleplays. For further info, contact the C.O.!

Roleplay Times: Sundays 11:15am SLT
Commanding Officer: Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Evelyn Rieko

Moderators: Greenlantern Excelsior, Poison Toocool, Evelyn Rieko

Locked
User avatar
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Posts: 4468
Joined: 101129.0657
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL
Location: Delta Quadrant
Has thanked: 140 times
Been thanked: 105 times
Contact:

171230.1232

=^= TOP SECRET. MARTIS TEAM LOG. FOR YOUR EYES ONLY. =^=

A special team seconded to the USS Taylorholic Durant is assigned to carry out top secret maneuvers as needed. Highly experienced personnel are charged with reconnaissance and intelligence gathering with regard to possible surveillance of Starfleet facilities; and/or the installation of remote communications in potentially hostile infrastructures; and/or position early warning transmitters to notify the Fleet in the event that advanced technology or weapons are used by a unfriendly faction; and/or gather data on unknown civilizations to determine their technological status & potential attitude towards the Federation.

==^==
User avatar
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Posts: 4468
Joined: 101129.0657
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL
Location: Delta Quadrant
Has thanked: 140 times
Been thanked: 105 times
Contact:

171230.1236

==^==Encrypted Message Begins==^==

From: USS Taylorholic Durant Command
Classification TDRPMT003
To: CLASSIFIED


Situation: A clandistine observation post on Regnum III was dismantled one week ago. The population of the planet is deemed pre-warp and first contact is to be avoided at all costs in keeping with the principles of our Prime Directive. The team of anthropologists departed without detection and are now on their way to San Franscisco, Earth, to report their findings at Starfleet Headquarters. During the flight to the Alpha Qudrant an inventory of equipment took place. It has been established that a damaged Starfleet hypospray was inadvertently left behind. Normally we would scan for those materials and transport the device when no life forms were nearby, however, Regnum III has naturally occurring geological features that deflect sensors when used from an orbital position. A team needs to transport to a location near the observation site and search for the device with hand held tricorders.

Task: Undercover. Blend with locals. Avoid contact if possible. Locate the device and leave, preferably undetected.

Execution: Deploy from shuttle in high atmosphere over equator at 180102.173. Transport to coordinates 53.2059 N, 1.0861 W. Tricorders, cameras, and other technology shall be hidden from sight. Clothing shall be suitable for a forest... think Robin Hood or Peter Pan from Earth's literary history.

Lead: Cmdr Knott will supervise this mission.

Support: Automated shuttle response.

Communications: USS Taylorholic Durant will stay in regular contact with the team throughout the mission via shuttle relay. Reports will be made at 30 minute intervals. Click only.

Comm-channel frequency will be 190.821-4.
Mission Code-Name: Tinker Bell

Special Notation:. This world is deemed to be... what the anthropological team deemed 'magical', but benign. It is imperative that the planet be left pristine and undisturbed by our presence there.

Responsible for the completion of this mission is: USS Taylorholic Command

Order issued stardate 180101.2359

==^==Encrypted Message Ends==^==
User avatar
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Posts: 4468
Joined: 101129.0657
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL
Location: Delta Quadrant
Has thanked: 140 times
Been thanked: 105 times
Contact:

180102.2103

CREW MANIFEST
==============


Team Command: Marley Knott (Cmdr, Intel OPs ((Poison Toocool))
Team Second: Zania Turner (Comm), OPs/Comms Expert
Team Third: Dominik Landy (Ens), Intelligence ((Greenlantern Excelsior))
Team Fourth: Ginrai Yamabushi (Ens), Engineering Advisor

Image
User avatar
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Posts: 4468
Joined: 101129.0657
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL
Location: Delta Quadrant
Has thanked: 140 times
Been thanked: 105 times
Contact:

180102.2113

RP LOG 180102
=============


The transporter on the small shuttle allocated for this mission shimmers, and the small runabout disappears. Within a moment, Marley Knott is on the ground. He moves to the side, near some trees, waiting for the rest of the team to appear. "Check life forms nearby," he whispers into his combadge, while glances to the winged, tiny... almost fairies that seem to hover around him, with interest.

Zania Turner looked around as the shimmer faded around them, amazed at the sight before her. This was beyond beautiful, and far more than anything she could have imagined. She looked at the small figures flying around them . . . as they looked humanoid, but much smaller. "They seem curious," she indicated, not even needing her Betazoid senses to pick up on that fact.

Ginrai Yamabushi looks around with wonder, smiling with pure joy. Suddenly he feels the presence of one of the winged tiny people and a couple of them surrounding him, actually beginning to whisper in what could only be a language to them. He looks at them intensely, just to listen to what they would have to say

Dominick Landy: Materializing in a circle of what appeared to be mushrooms, he took a quick look around. They appeared to be in an ordinary forest, with no one nearby - good. Several structures and monuments were nearby, but no advanced technology was in evidence...except... He gazed with interest at the large boulder with the glowing green inscription. Well, it wasn't really important because scientific investigation wasn't on the schedule for today. "Do we know where the Starfleet technology might be?

Knott glances around, even now he sometimes trusts his own senses more than the technology provided. No doubt it's a beautiful planet. He can understand why the anthropologists were so enthused about it... and anxious that the damaged hypospray be removed before it contaminated the natural progress of the indigenous life forms. He whispers, "Landy, here's a map I drew out? Point us in the right direction," he peers at the sun, trying to get a bearing. "I think I'm facing East, yah?" The winged creatures hover nearby, but his instincts are calm. He doesn't know if they are sentient are not. He hopes the team will not disturb them. "Yamabushi, see if we can enhance tricorder scanning to overcome the dampening field. Turner... if our scanners are affected, we may not see life forms nearby. Counting on your senses to assist with that."

Turner heard the directive as she continued to look around, trying to see if she could not only see something that might stand out, but also sense something too. The earlier she might be able to pick up on something that could be a threat, the better.

Yamabushi listens intensely to the song, his eyes focused on the winged creatures, and sees the beauty in their song. Meanwhile, hearing what they said, he chuckles, while slowly pulling out his tricorder

Landy studies the chart carefully, looking around to get his bearings. "It's a bit confusing but I believe we need to head out toward the northwest. Crossing the creek will be interesting. Maybe we can find a bridge."

Knott can't help but feel.. at his roots, a wish to take off his boots and socks and walk barefoot through the grass. There is the sound of... water flowing softly, the little creatures hovering seem to sing a sleepy sort of song, gentle and comforting. He shakes his head and clears his throat, murmuring, "I feel like I'm in a dream." He felt.. he felt like if they stood there any longer, he might fall asleep. "Let's move out," he said, hoping action would make him feel more awake. He would follow Landy.

Turner e followed along, still keeping her senses ope as she tried to pick up on any emotions and other information that might prove to be useful. "This place reminds me of Betazed. It's so incredibly peaceful and beautiful."

Yamabushi sighs gently, taking in the air, meanwhile trying to keep his focus on the task on one hand, and on the other hand, he listens, to the people around him, but slightly chuckles from the warmth of the creatures they met before.

Knott followed Landy over a bridge and through some trees. Suddenly finding himself in a small village, or at least, a place with several houses, he crouched down low. "darn," he whispered, hoping their approach had not been seen or heard. "Stay out of sight." He peers over a rock. "Any closer to the location, Landy?"

Landy waits for everyone to catch up. "The indicated location is around the corner behind this underground house. Apparently they had a shielded spot where they could observe the local inhabitants without being too obvious."

Turner continued to follow Landy to the location and peered at the back of it within a grassy area. "So is this the spot?" she wondered, starting to see how it could be used to observe others the longer she remained there

Yamabushi pulls out his tricorder, and begins working again, this time continuing the amplitudes of the environmental frequencies, then triangulating on a band that doesn't interfere with the natural ambiance, leading to a normal scan of the surroundings, "I've got it working now..."

Landy takes a deep breath, smelling the fresh air and forest scents. It would be wonderful to spend some time in the area, interacting with the residents and learning about the planet. It must have been tough to be cooped up in a small area like this, when a person's instinct would be to run through the grass with outflung arms and a big smile. He started looking around nearby, searching for any objects that did not belong. "The team members here were good at their jobs. I don't see any sign of their presence at all."

Knott follows Landy up the hill. He nods as he looks around. Tucked away here, it would make sense for an observation post - although it feels a bit close to the dwellings. He frowns, thinking of the little winged fairy-like creatures who greeted them, and seem to be gone. "Those houses aren't for the... ah... fae's," he commented, glad they had at least attempted to look like locals. "Anything, Yamabushi?"

Turner closed her eyes for a moment, as if reaching out to try and grab onto something that seemed to be at the edges of her senses. "I'm not getting any psychic impressions that they had been here in this spot. If they were here for any length of time, it'd be easy for me to pick up something . . . almost like a psychic footprint, but I'm not detecting anything.,"

Yamabushi starts scanning, this time pointing in the direction of the pathway, "I'm detecting the chemical compounds that would be in a hypospray, but the actual device is not in that area, Sir. It's like it's been, moved."

Landy squats down, inspecting the ground at close range and feeling the soft fragrant moss to see if it covered some Starfleet objects. The scent of the forest filled his lungs like a fine perfume, almost making him dizzy. He stood up too fast, making his head spin and his balance wavered. The observation team had not reported any psychedelic gases in the atmosphere, but something was definitely affecting him. "I am not finding anything nearby either, and I am feeling a little unsteady on my feet. Is everyone else feeling okay?"

Knott frowns, both because the item is gone and because of Landy's report. "I felt a little sleepy when we first arrived." He eyes the Intel officer with concern. He wouldn't want to cut the mission short before they located the hypospray. "Maybe it's these trees, the blossoms?" Then he adds... "Could one of those... creatures have taken the device?" He lifts a hand as though to cup one of the little winged fairies in it. "It might have been curious to them. If they are like... the Terran bluejay, maybe we'd find it in a nest? But where," he said, looking up into the branches above them, unsure of how they could locate it.

Turner smells the scent and notices that she was starting to get a bit light headed. "I . . . um . . . I could probably use with a bit of a break right now," she admitted solemnly.

Yamabushi feels his eyes watering, his vision becoming blurry as he becomes tired, just then he notices through the band, a pathway that comes straight up the hillside, as he nods, "I.... think.....um.... if I could be....sure..." takes a yawn, "I think this is the effects of one of the medicines in the hypospray, set on high"

Landy looks around, up at the trees, down at the ground, at the corner of the nearby structure. How would it be possible to find the hypospray with a malfunctioning tricorder? It could have rolled down between a crack in the rocks, or maybe a local child spied it as a shiny pretty object. Too much greenery and not enough search capability. "I don't know what to do now. We could search this village for days and not find anything."
Knott frowns even deeper. "Maybe we should move down near the water," he said, not wanting to cancel the mission so quickly. "Some fresh air might help?" He then turns to Yamabushi... "Can you source it? Is it nearby?" He looked to Turner, "Maybe that's why you're not getting much of a sense of consciousness nearby? They are all asleep?"

Turner continued to try and look around, nodding a bit. "Maybe, but if they were asleep I could still detect their unconscious minds."

Yamabushi starts scanning further, his eyes watering and lowering, "I think that... it were." shakes his head, "I think I can find the source...in the village"

Landy looks around at what he can see nearby. "If we cross this little path we can get to a clearing near the water, if that's where you want to go. It could be that one of the trees or plants in this area is putting out some pollen or spores that are having an effect on us." He noted Ensign Yamabushi turning in a continuous circle while staring at his tricorder. This mission might end badly.

Knott looks to all of them, a glimmer of an idea in his brain. "Wait a... well, don't think I'm crazy, okay?" He leans against the tree truck. "What if.. what if those little fairy creatures were trying to communicate? They sure showed up fast. Were they were trying to tell us something?" He looks to Yamabushi, "best lead the way. If we can find the hypospray.. that's step one. The second thing is to figure out how this medication affected indigenous life forms." Then he said to Landy, who was talking about pollen. "Is it the plants or is it the medication?" He felt a little lightheaded. Confused.

Turner looked to Knott and shook her head. "I don't think they were trying to communicate about the people that we're looking for. They were just curious as to who they were, from what I was able to sense."

Yamabushi props up and looks back and replies, "I was listening to them, and I thought they were telling me a joke...in a most melodious tune." looking puzzled, he looks back at his tricorder, then starts back down the pathway, trying to keep his tricorder visible, yet out of sight

Landy closes his eyes and listens to what his body is telling him. What physical sensations do I have right now? Am I really dizzy due to some spores or pollen, or is someone poking at my brain, trying to make me think I'm dizzy? One of his constant thoughts was whether his mind was being manipulated without his knowledge. He had stopped trying to suppress that suspicion since an Intelligence Officer was supposed to be open to collecting any and all information. "Fairies telling fairy jokes to us? Could they be giving us other mental impressions that are below our mental detection threshold?"

Knott felt the weight of his body against the tree. He would love to stay where he is and sink into a sweet, undisturbed sleep but... he rubbed his eyes and shrugged his shoulders. "I swear... they were chittering to me.." remember how he had arrived a few seconds before the others, and how many of the little creatures swarmed him... "they didn't follow us... it's like they knew this area was... not safe." He stood up, "Yamabushi, take us to the village. We need to find the device and either destroy it or take it with us."

Turner thought about it for a moment as she heard what was said. "If this area isn't safe, then why didn't they actively try to stop us?"

Yamabushi 's face turns from a gaze to a grim face as they come down the hill, he begins to recite what he remembers, "In the morning dew.... a new silver and golden stick lay anew, we gathered together, singing of joy, but joy turned to foolishness, we swayed, and danced around the stick, then grew sick and drunken..."

Landy follows Yamabushi down the little hill, onto the footpath, listening to the Fairy Rap he was reciting. "Ensign, I need to find the radio channel you are listening to."

Knott replied to Turner in an uncharacteristic manner, "Perhaps they couldn't stop us. We are giants to them." He followed Yamabushi down the hill, listening to the man singing, opening his mouth to tell him to be quiet when the words enter his brain and begin to make sense. He would put a hand on Landy's arm, shushing him, listening to Ginrai singing. He said urgently, "where there any words about where this happened? Back where we transported in?"

Turner let out a sigh a bit. "Perhaps not physically, but they could have said something, or projected a feeling that would have warned us of danger. I didn't get that from them," she noted, even though it was way past the point when they had first spotted those winged people that had hovered near them when they first beamed down.

Yamabushi begins to remember, as he begins to remember the rest of the tale, his face begins to grow even grimmer, "Yes, sir," he continues to recite, "....from the drunkenness, we grew numb, our merriment grew to to panic, taken with grief because our songs grew to quarrelsome, those totally not overcome replied 'Away! be gone foul stick which cast your scent across our land.' So they casted it far away from them.." his eyes widened as he headed for the bridge.

Landy standing in the clearing, away from that oddly-colored green tree, he noticed that the dizzy feeling was dissipating. He also noticed a local resident riding by on a quadruped animal. Or perhaps it was a quadruped resident carrying his pet on his back. They didn't know which was which here, just looking for that broken hypospray. "I am feeling a bit better now. Maybe it was the physical activity, or maybe the proximity to a source of problems."

Knott has a great deal of respect for Turner so he tries to listen to her point of view. But he says, "I think they taught Yamabushi their song for a reason. Neither me, you or Landy heard it. Perhaps they could only teach it to one. Perhaps he has... he attracted them in some way. He's sharing it now. I could be wrong but that's how they communicated with us." Suddenly a creature went flying by, four legged, running to the East. He spun to look. "That way?" He pointed, making a decision to move... and Yamabushi was there ahead of him. "Come on!"

Turner noticed what had raced by them and looked at the others as the call was given to move in the same direction the creature had gone. "I . . . I didn't sense it coming. It makes me wonder if I'm losing my abilities . . . "

Yamabushi continues, ".... The stick, which had made them drunken and numb, and nearly divided them all were cast out by their strongest of will and might, brought out here, far from them, where the mist could not bother them anymore..." begins to look around

Landy walks around a little in a random pattern, searching the ground. Looking up, he notices a structure ahead, almost like a forest cathedral with colored windows and flowers growing around it. "I almost missed this building ahead of us. It looks like it was grown right out of the ground. Maybe we should look inside?"

Knott races over the bridge, feeling somehow led, he stops on the other side, searching. Suddenly he sees something metallic. He knees down, swiftly. "Found it!" He takes a cloth from his pocket, carefully picking the device up. "We need to get this out of here, now." He looks around. He takes his combadge, speaking rapidly into it, and then placing it on the hypospray. There is a momentary flash of light, and the device, with the combadge, disappear. He looks to the others, "I sent it into space. It's gone but... I don't know if there will be any lasting effects..." He stands up. "Let's return to the landing point. Perhaps we can somehow communicate to the creatures that we have removed the stick?"

Turner nodded a bit. "Sounds like returning to the landing point is a good idea."

The four Starfleet officers moved back through the village, quickly taking a bridge and walking through trees, but the place they had transported in did not appear in sight even though Knott was sure they had walked far enough. He lead the way up a hill and down, peering into the distance. Finally, he saw a glowing green stone. Knott followed that eerie light to a small meadow, and the others came with him. As he passed the trees, suddenly the little winged creatures appeared, chittering.

Yamabushi looks down at the illuminated small beings, and replies, "Gone, gone is the stick that has made you sick, far from here, you are free, you are free from the foulness of it's mist..."

Landy shakes his head wonderingly. Maybe his apprehension about being controlled mentally was just the boogey man in the closet. It could be that his telepathic abilities were close to zero. "Wonderful, we have accomplished our mission and made the fairies happy. And I never thought I would say those words in that order. This is a red letter day!"

Three or four of the tiny fairies surrounded Knott. He felt like they were saying, 'Thank you.' He smiled, and said softly, unsure if they would comprehend, "It is a beautiful world. I wish I could stay longer."

He would then turn to Landy and say, "Four to beam up." Light would appear and they would vanish. Perhaps to be remembered in some story told to fairy children sometime in the future.

=^=
User avatar
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Posts: 4468
Joined: 101129.0657
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL
Location: Delta Quadrant
Has thanked: 140 times
Been thanked: 105 times
Contact:

180102.2120

MISSION IMAGES
===============


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Posts: 4468
Joined: 101129.0657
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL
Location: Delta Quadrant
Has thanked: 140 times
Been thanked: 105 times
Contact:

180104.1649

Locked

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant”