IMPORTANT NOTICE: The wiki has recently been updated with a new theme and layout. If you encounter any errors, bugs or unreadable information (like white text on white background, or something similar), please contact: email@example.com. Please include a link in your e-mail to the page where the error is/was located for reference. For issues with your Service Jacket, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
From UFStarfleet Wiki
This Code of Conduct is a living document, which sets us on the road towards Advancement, Growth, Maturity and Professionalism.
It contains the basic guidelines from which we should use as a step stone which leads to higher standards for all.
To the masses of the world, there comes a different meaning when they hear the term “Code of Conduct”. Everyone has different thoughts on what daily conduct they hold themselves to.
But we as fans of Star Trek® try to hold ourselves to the same standards as we believe we would if we were real life Starfleet officers.
- Ensure that a means of communications always remains open between the members and the leadership. This is done by the chain of command
- Fight against the spread of rumors, misleading stories and general miscommunication
- Uphold ourselves to such standards that others will look upon us as role models
- Treat all others, whether they are members or guests, with such respect as is socially accepted and as Starfleet® officers are perceived to act
- Respect each others' cultures, religion, beliefs
- Act as a team and help each other succeed
- Praise in public and criticize in private
- Wear such uniforms and tags as authorized in order to forge a positive image of our group, its members and our goals
- Avoid conflict at all times
We Will Not
- Criticize another’s comments in a public forum
- Disrespect the uniform, group or its members in a public forum
- Disrespect another person because of race, skin color, creed, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or physical/mental handicaps
- Cause intentional mental harm to another
- Make use of another’s property without first obtaining approval
- Violate the Terms of Service of Second Life® or its owners, Linden Labs®
- Forget that we are the embodiment of what we envision a Star Trek® organization should be and will cause no disrespect towards that organization whether it be represented in the real world or that of Second Life®