IMPORTANT NOTICE: The wiki has recently been updated with a new theme and layout. If you encounter any errors, bugs or unreadable information (like white text on white background, or something similar), please contact: email@example.com. Please include a link in your e-mail to the page where the error is/was located for reference. For issues with your Service Jacket, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
From UFStarfleet Wiki
Author(s): Summoner Castaignede
College: College of Cultural Studies
Current version: 110123
Delivery Method: Classroom lecture
Assessment Method: Written Examination
Class Status: ACTIVE
Class Length: 17 minutes + Exam
Synopsis: Many folk tales and myths centre on Hospitality -- its offering, its acceptance, and the behaviour of a host and their guests. In this class, we examine the cultural variations on these concepts, and how we can learn from them and apply it in welcoming and entertaining guests in our fine facilities here at UFS.
The materials as used in the creation of this class are the property of United Federation Starfleet Academy (UFSA) of United Federation Starfleet Inc. (UFS), and they are solely intended for the private use of our members. UFS holds no claims to any trademarks, copyrights, or properties held by CBS Paramount Television, any of its subsidiaries, or on any other company's or person's intellectual properties which may or may not be contained within.
No portion of these materials may be copied or republished in any or form without the written consent of a Director of United Federation Starfleet, Inc. All content drawn in from sources outside of UFS are used per Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 107: Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair Use, of the United States code. The material as used is for educational purposes only and no profit is made from the use of the material.
Material used in this specific class was inspired, copied and/or summarised from the sources referenced below, and various Star Trek films, television episodes and licensed works.
- A Matter of Honor - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/A_Matter_Of_Honor_%28episode%29
- Betazoid - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Betazoid
- Bible Gateway - http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews%2013:2&version=KJ21
- Bread and Salt - https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Bread_and_salt
- Evora - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Evora
- The Free Dictionary: Hospitality - http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hospitality
- Home - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Home_%28episode%29
- Justice - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Justice_%28episode%29
- Plomeek Soup - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Plomeek_soup
- Risa - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Risa
- Risa - http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Risa
- Sacred Hospitality - http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SacredHospitality
- Star Trek: Insurrection - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Insurrection
- Tastes Like Friendship - http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TastesLikeFriendship
- Tellarite - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Tellarite
- The Zen Blog - http://poetrybeingzen.blogspot.com/2007/11/dalai-lama-on-enlightenment.html
- Truth About Islam - http://www.truthaboutislam.net/hospitality-in-islam/
- Yesteryear (1973) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3rUPXm4FdY&feature=related