From UFStarfleet Wiki
|*Class: Class M (Minshara)|
|*Satellites: L Class Moon 'Cazalet'|
|*Location: Pinastri Sector, Delta Quadrant|
|*Star System: Pinastri Star System|
|*Species of Note:
|*Faction Affiliation: United Federation Starfleet|
|Pinastri Prime is the fourth planet in the Pinastri Star System in the Delta Quadrant. It is at a stage of development equivalent to that of a slightly younger Earth, and is still prone to irratic seismic and volcanic activity and whilst earthquakes are relatively rare, volcanic eruptions remain frequent.|
- Classification: Class M
- Distance from sun: 1.5 AU
- Diameter: 35000 km
- Gravity: 1.1
- Mean Circumference 109955.74 Km
- Volume 22.45 X10^12 KM^3
- Surface Area 3.85 X10^9 KM^2
- Land surface area 1.51 x 10^9 Km ^2 (39.8%)
- Water Surface Area 2.32 x 10^9 KM ^2 (60.2%)
- Escape Velocity : 13.05 Km/sec
- Mass 3.2323X10^24 Kg
- Mean Density : .144 g/cm
- Atmosphere: dense, oxygen/nitrogen and a few trace gases
- Weather system: normal meteorlogy system. cloud system, rains, snow near the polar caps, lightning and storms.
- Temperature: -25C to 50C
- Surface: 60% water, 40% landmass. flora and fauna system, mountain ranges, rivers and lakes, prairies and grass fields.
- Lifeforms: abundant and various lifeforms and species. no sentient lifeforms.
- Tech. level: traces of an ancient culture long gone.
- Specials: Primary Delta Quadrant colony of UFS.
What Science has found out about the Archaological discoveries on both Pinastri IV and V etc et
Pinastri Prime has many characteristics of earth. The axial tilt of 21.8 to 23.6 degrees stabilized by the Moon 'Cazalet' creates several major ecosystems or biomes. Located on the planet, the biomes include deserts, grasslands, artic tundra, tropical savanna and tropical rainforest depending on the latitude and geographical distribution of the land.
The biome of the Callisto Ground Facility is located in a chaparral on the west coast of a major continent. A Chaparral is between the 30 to 38 degree latitude. A subtropical high pressure zone dominates the 4 seasons causing a dry climate. A seasonal movement of polar fronts and a mid-latitude cyclone of storms cause precipitation to mainly fall in the winter months. The annual rain averages from 350 to 890 millimeters and most of the rain in a three to five month period.
The climate contributes to a number of adaptations of the vegetation to withstand drought and fire. This zone tends to have small trees and shrubs with hard evergreen leaves. With the high cost of replacement during the dry season the leaves do not drop. The dry climate slows the rate of leaf decomposition, not replenishing the soil. This leads to a lack of nutrients in the soil so it hinders the formation of new leaves during the wet season. The evolution of a chaparral produced a leaf to resist dry climates.
The tectonics of Pinastri Prime produced 12 major plates floating on a superheated material that is in a semi-fluidic, plastic-like state. This produces stiff and unyielding land masses that create three types of plate boundaries called convergent, divergent and transform. Callisto Ground Facility is located near a transform boundary. This kind of boundary creates a slipping motion horizontally causing stress build up resulting in earthquakes and volcanos.
Flora & Fauna stuff
Animals & creatures