IMPORTANT NOTICE: The wiki has recently been updated with a new theme and layout. If you encounter any errors, bugs or unreadable information (like white text on white background, or something similar), please contact: email@example.com. Please include a link in your e-mail to the page where the error is/was located for reference. For issues with your Service Jacket, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
From UFStarfleet Wiki
This HUD device used for internal communications within the Starfleet Sector001 and Starfleet Sector002 sims.
There are several important features of this combadge which will be detailed below. For many individuals it is hard to learn how to operate the combadge, as such here is a little guide to ensure that you're able to operate it.
There are several features which will be listed below:
- General-purpose broadcasting of messages over the Combadge network.
- Branch specific messaging system.
- Emergency 'Red Alert' button.
- Setup mode for editing user preferences.
Installation and Basic Use
To use the Combadge HUD, simply locate it in the Combadge HUD v2.5 folder and right-click on it to open the menu, then choose 'Wear'.
- Attaching the Combadge Hud: To assign the Combadge HUD to a different attachment point on your screen, choose 'Attach to HUD' and click on the attachment point that you wish to use from the menu that appears next to it. If the HUD does not appear on your screen but shows that it is 'worn' in your Inventory, right-click on any adjacent HUD on your screen and choose 'Edit' to open the Build Tools. With this tool open, use your mouse-wheel or (AMEND HERE) to zoom out until a white box can be seen shrinking towards the centre of your view. This white box is what is visible on your screen, your missing Combadge HUD may be outside of this box. If it is, use the coloured arrows to drag the HUD back inside the visible area. When it is in position, closing the Building tool will return the view to normal but with the Combadge HUD in the position you have assigned it.
- General Broadcasts/Usage: This feature should be easily recognisable from earlier versions. To use, simply click on the UFS Combadge to open the Broadcast Channel. This channel will send a message to all other Combadges regardless of any selected channels and will be seen immediately by all branches and divisions. It is not intended for use in an Emergency or for RP purposes, these will be explained later in this manual.
Remember that to turn the combadge off you MUST click on the badge on the right hand corner of the hud. To tell if your combadge is on or off look in the orange area.
- If OFF: There will be two blue chat bubbles.
- If ON: There will be a green head that looks like it is talking.
Branch Specific Messaging System
This feature allows messages to be sent and recieved on a branch-to-branch basis. Each branch is colored accordingly and forms two buttons, the HUD will not recieve any branch-specific messages by default.
The available channels are as follows:
- SFC (Marine Aerospace)
- RP Channel (Roleplay)
The large button containing the name of the branch toggles the HUD to display any messages when selected, it illuminates when activated and fades when it is off-line.
To choose which branches you would like to recieve messages from, press the light-blue 'Setup' button to enter Setup-mode, but do not choose any options in the pop-up menu. Choose the branches that you would like to recieve messages from by clicking on the large branch buttons to illuminate them. When you have finished choosing, close Setup-mode by pressing the 'Exit' button on the pop-up menu.
To send a message, click on the branch that you wish to send the message. The small button to the left of the branch that you have selected should illuminate, showing that the channel is open.
Other Buttons and Functions
- Emergency 'Red Alert' Button - This button is similar in operation to the Broadcast Channel, but the message is priortized as Emergency so that the appropriate action can be taken. This button is intended for situations such as griefer attacks, Sim failures or other situations that may warrant it.
To use the Emergency button, click on it to open the channel so that a message can be sent.
- Set-Up Mode: The Set-Up button is used to set preferences for the HUD as well as setting which messages are displayed from the branch messaging system. When Set-Up Mode is used, the HUD suspends showing any messages until Set-Up is exited. When pressed, a pop-up menu appears that shows the following options:
- Manual Message: When selected, this toggles the channel to be closed after each message is sent.
- Anim. On/Off: This option toggles if the 'Combadge tap' animation is on or off.
- Jojomod On/ Off: This option shows additional displays when a channel is open or the Emergency channel is in use.
- Help: Opens delivers a notecard guide.
- Exit: Closes the Set-Up Mode and resumes normal operation.