||Zania Turner (Female)
||Date of Birth (Age):
||Place of Birth:
||Loneel Mountains, Betazed
||Federation Standard, Betazoid, Ocampan, Vulcan, Klingon
|Other Important Medical Information:
|Other Identifying marks/Features:
||No unusual marks, or indication of being part Ocampan
||Tajol Laux, Savonne Laux, Lilea Turner, Elia Turner
||USS Taylorholic Durant
|Zania, Nia, or Lexie, as she prefers to be called, was born with full Betazed empathic and telepathic abilities. Normally, this poses as a hinderance to most Betazoids, but she seems to have adjusted well, and possesses excellent control over her gifts.
- She is very observant by nature, and general seems guarded due to her past experiences of betrayal. However, she is a dedicated Starfleet officer, who desires to get to know her other crew members and improve her life, as well as the lives of anyone she encounters.
- Zania was the first child of Xuellan Laux and Ruana Turner. Her father, Xuellan, was half-Betazoid and half-Ocampan. As an infant, it became apparent that Zania did not inherit most of the genetic physical traits associated with Ocampans, most notably the odd shape of the ears and shortened life span.
- What was obvious, to everyone around her, was the fact that she was born with full empathic and telepathic abilities. Additionally, it was discovered that Zania possessed three mental Ocampan traits - the ability to learn at great speeds due to an eidetic memory, the ability to direct the flow of life energy on the molecular level to the point of creating heat and telekinesis, and the reception of premonitions.
- Zania was immediately sent to the Imza Institute of Mental Development, where she received instruction on how to filter out the unwanted empathic and telepathic "noise." She lapsed into a coma at seven years of age, although nobody was able to immediately discover a cause. Later, it was learned that Zania had been telepathically communicating with Aichi Lucian, her instructor at the Institute, when Betazoid serial killer Hent Tevren used his empathic powers to brutally murder her.
- As a result of the contact, Zania learned something which no other Betazoid had known for several generations, with the exception of Tevren . . . how to kill with the mind. Although she recovered, the Betazoid Relzari decided, for security reasons, to place Zania in the Peace Keepers Academy. Normally, such an appointment was reserved for only the best and most powerful empaths, or those who would be chosen to serve as the "police" for the planet.
- When the Dominion invaded and occupied Betazed, the Academy was temporarially disbanded due to the rumors that several powerful empaths were missing. Many went into hiding, while others joined resistance factions. Zania returned to her home, only to learn that her father had joined an extremist faction of the Enlightened Mind Movement. Her brother, Tajol, and younger sister Savonne, both decided to join him, breaking with tradition by adopting the last name of their father to reflect their displeasure of residing on a planet that placed so much dependancy on the Federation.
- It was soon revealed that her father and two siblings had been a part of the failed assassination attempt of Lwaxana Troi. In order to prevent Zania from telling the authorities, Tajol and Savonne took Zania to the Jalara Jungle, where she was brutally beaten and left to die. A resistance cell found Zania and got her to a medical facility, where her wounds were tended to under close observation.
- When the Federation successfully freed Betazed from Dominion occupation, Zania decided to pursue a career in Starfleet where she could put her abilities to good use.
|Personal / Professional History
||Starfleet Service Record
- 061208 - Joined
- 061208 Appointed as DH of Tac/Ops & Simulations
- 070908 Removed from overseeing Tac/Ops & placed on administrative leave
- 071008 Appointed as Vice Chief of Operations
- 071108 Appointed overseeing Tac/Ops & Simulations
- From the Betazed Health Ministry: Azanialix has been hospitalized twice during her youth. The first instance was a comatose state due to mental contact with a Betazoid at the time of their murder. The second was for treatment of wounds from a domestic battery.
|No records on file.
Distinguished Service Cross 2383, 2386
- Lifetime Service Ribbon: 080920
- Legion of Merit: 080920
- Diplomatic Olive Branch: 080920
- Crew Recognition: 080920
- Federation Star: 080920
- Distinguished Service Cross : 080920, 110129, 120128
- Lifetime Service Ribbon 2 Years: 090131
- Good conduct with Cluster: 090131, 100130
- First Contact Ribbon with Cluster: 080920, 090131, 100131
- Ribbon of Valor with Cluster: 080920, 090131, 110129, 120128
- Lifetime service Ribbon 3 Years: 100131
- First Contact Ribbon with Cluster: 080920, 100130
- UF Starfleet Extended Tour Ribbon: 080920, 090131, 100130
- Ribbon of Valor with Clusters: 100130
- Picard Award: XXXXXX
- Commendation for Exceptional Service: 101128
- Prestigious Service Award: 110129, 120128
- Commendation for Exceptional Service: 110724
- Legion of Honor: 120128
- Federation Star: 130126
- SciFi-Convention Ribbon: 150326