A New Dawn, Thinking, & Mentality for the UFS Marine Corp.

Oversees day to day operations of UF Starfleet Marine Corps, leader and supervisor of all functions of the Corps, including TRACOM, FORCECOM and more.

Moderator: Penney Lancaster

Penney Lancaster
UFSMC - Brigadier General
UFSMC - Brigadier General
Duty Post: UFSMC Commandant
Ship/Station Posted: HQ
Grid: Unknown

Greetings Everyone,

After having a series of meetings with the Joint Chiefs about the state of the Corp., a direction for it has been decided on. While the talks we had were tough, they have been honest ones about the current state of the Corp. as well as its future. I would like to share with everyone the cold hard truth of what needs to change and the vision for the Corp. over the coming years.

The first drastic change that WILL change is the mentality of the Corp. While there has always been the standing joke and stigma that Marines are nothing more than brutes that have more bullet than brains, eat crayons, huff fuel fumes, jar heads, etc., only until recently was just that, a stigma, however now it seems to have become far too prevalent with members seeing it as the status quo. The barbarian image used to be jokingly, even more comically looked at as the standard from those outside of the Corp., which in all actuality was frowned upon and taken somewhat as an insult to those within the Corp. Now however, it seems that the new generation of Marines seem to believe this is what is expected to aspire to. I can assure you wholeheartedly it is not. From this day forward, not only am I calling for all Marines, no demanding of all Marines to drop this destructive and damaging stigma. Everyone from myself down to the newest recruit will conduct themselves like Starfleet officers even in the enlisted ranks. In fact I expect everyone in the Corp. to go a step above and beyond and conduct themselves above what is considered the standard, to aspire others to become Marines.

I know many are new in UFSMC and through unfortunate turn of events, have been left with little to no guidance on what is expected of you. This will change in the next 18 months. Myself and my General Staff are working on updating the Manual and class curriculum with putting the emphasis on streamlining the Corp. to work hand and hand with UFS as a whole, and not the stand alone group that it is seen as being. This will help to shape the Corp. for years forward and allow Marines to have a sense of pride of being in the Corp. as there once was when I first joined a decade ago. The UFSMC will not lose its identity, but instead be able to call UFS home.

This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t or not be allowed to have fun when chatting in SL, Discord, rp, etc., but the behavior, mentality, and maturity of the members of the Corp. is going to change. We as a Corp. cannot be seen as a bunch of unruly juveniles any longer. While it can be considered harsh, this is what must be achieved in order for the Corp. to rise from the ashes to restore it back to its former glory. Otherwise it will never be allowed to truly grow and prosper. It is time for the Corp. to have an actual purpose and show that we have what it takes for the long haul and not just seen as a bunch of misfits. When it comes down to the brass tacks and time to go to work, I expect everyone to show just how much of a professional you can be so that other UFS members don’t cringe or dread when interacting with us. Each and every one of you is responsible to inspire others, as well as future recruits for the Corp. You are a direct representative of the UFSMC regardless of whether you are in uniform or not and therefore expected to behave and act as such.

To further advance the goals of the UFSMC we will be overhauling the Corp. I have already briefly touched on some of the changes to come. It will also include revamping the branches to ensure that the Corp. will reflect what a Starfleet Military arm might or should look like in the year 2400, and not the current 21st century military that just lives in the year 2400. I will be rolling out more information on this soon as we start to bring the directives online to implement them. Semper Fi Marines.

Signed,

Brig. Gen. Penney ‘Fireball’ Lancaster
UFSMC Commandant
Adomsisko Resident
Security - Commander
Security - Commander
Duty Post: Unasssigned
Ship/Station Posted: Unknown
Grid: Unknown

*applauds*
Limrie Resident
UFSMC - Marine Captain
UFSMC - Marine Captain
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Nice one Sir
ScreaminEagles Turbo
UFSMC - Marine Captain
UFSMC - Marine Captain
Duty Post: CO Reaper Squadron
Ship/Station Posted: Pinstari HQ
Grid: Second life

OORAH
Lucius Wylder
Security - Lt Commander
Security - Lt Commander
Duty Post: Chief of Security
Ship/Station Posted: Maxwell
Grid: Second Life

'Corps'
Lucius Wylder
Security - Lt Commander
Security - Lt Commander
Duty Post: Chief of Security
Ship/Station Posted: Maxwell

That said, I like this. I agree in a better direction for the United Federation Marine Corps. I think as a military branch of the UFP we should comport ourselves with more decorum than simply what stereotype says and look forward to seeing this implemented. Hopefully in a way that still allows for friendly inter-branch banter. The Corps was once a beautiful thing in UFS. It can be again.

Ooh-Ra General!
Scottland78 Resident
UFSMC - Marine Captain
UFSMC - Marine Captain
Duty Post: UFSMC
Ship/Station Posted: USS Veracruz

Sir yes sir it will do all of the corps for us all to be at higher standereds and Long Live UFS Long Live the Corps.

Return to “Marines Commandant”