TDRP2130-D "We are leaving!" (210606)

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We are para-RPers and storytellers. Using live, in-the-moment chat, we listen, read, respond, and create a new story as a collective of writers jamming on a theme. We are given a context – a place to begin and then improvise together what happens next, and what happens after that… and where does that take us.
That sense of being in fellowship with other creative people who understand the overall context and environment while writing a story that is vibrant and alive creates a sense of enjoyment and togetherness. Our goal on Durant is to foster that sense of belonging, to embrace good RP etiquette, and to have tons of fun!

Roleplay Times: Saturdays 9:00am SLT, 1st & 3rd Tuesdays 5:00pm SLT, last Fridays 10:00am SLT
Commanding Officer: Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Evelyn Rieko

Moderators: Poison Toocool, Evelyn Rieko

Evelyn Rieko
Command - Captain
Command - Captain
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: Second Life Grid

=====OOC======
Sun June 6, 2021
OOC Preparation
MISSION TDRP2130-D (Durant)
==============

STARDATE: 210606
CREW CALL TIME: 1100 SLT Sharp

LOCATION TO MEET: Durant Transporter Room
RP STARTS: Nalavee Prime

WHAT TO WEAR:

(UF Starfleet) **MEDIEVAL ATTIRE**
No obvious technology
Durant Chat Relay

MISSION LEAD/GM: Captain Evelyn Rieko (XO)
POST ORDER: Will be decided, and posted, by the Mission Leader just prior to mission start (and sometimes adjusted in the RP if necessary).

ARRIVING LATE? Ensure to enter the scene in a logical manner.
NEED TO LEAVE EARLY? Justify your exit.

PROPER ADDRESS: Our XO is addressed as Captain Rieko or XO or Exec. Our Chief Intel/SO is addressed as Captain Jordan. Our CO is addressed as Admiral or Admiral Toocool or Captain Toocool. Please don't use "Captain" without a surname as we won't know who you are addressing ;)

YOU SHOULD HAVE READ:

TDRP2123-D: "Inopinatum" (210425)
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=32885

TDRP2124-D: "The Perfect (Solar) Storm" (210502)
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=32904

TDRP2126-D: "Harvesting Rebellion" (210509)
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=32926

TDRP2127-D: "Feast or Famine" (210523)
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=32941

SITREP: The USS Taylorholic Durant is on assignment at Nalavee Prime, a Class M planet with a pre-warp civilization with a timeline roughly similar to Earth's Middle Ages.

Some time ago, UFS Intel Agents logged data that they had detected a power source on the planet in the northern hemisphere that appeared to include a subspace transmitter. So, there has been influence by some advanced race on this planet. Maybe they are still on the planet.

The Durant crew found there are extensive deposits of dilithium on Nalavee Prime. It seems probable the beings that placed the subspace transmitter on the planet have plans for the dilithium.

The USS Taylorholic Durant is orbiting the planet and avoiding the ion storms above the planet as much as possible. The Durant Away Team arrived on the planet by shuttlecraft because of the ion storms. The away team had their appearances altered to look like the natives of Nalavee Prime. They are on their mission, using the fluctuating coordinates of the subspace transmitter to find it. Once located they will have it beamed up to the Durant if possible using transporter enhancers, or dismantle it, and bury it deep underground in a northern cave it it can not be beamed up to the Durant.

The team was halted by a Nalavee Sentry , and the team agreed to go into the town as an act of friendship. Captain Rieko hoped if the Lord Bignha and the Sentry Narram began to look on them as harmless friends they will not follow the away team when they go on their way to get the subspace transmitter. The team learned about the outlaw rebel Garrath and the divisions between the Nalavee people. Whatever the conflicts and issues are with the Nalavee people, the Away Team does not want to get pulled into it, and will uphold the Prime Directive. Now after leaving the town they find that someone is following them after all. It seems the two females that watched them when they arrived are no longer interested in them and have gone on their way. However, another Nalavee, named Anwe seems too interested in them and is walking with them as if she is a part of their group. Also, there's a male following them.

Captain Rieko is ready to get the transmitter and leave. They have been on the planet long enough. She is sure the away team feels the same way. It is time to complete the mission and leave the Nalavee to figure out their destiny with no interference. She is hopeful when they get the transmitter to the ship they will be able to figure out who put it there.

LCARS:
https://wiki.ufstarfleet.org/index.php? ... Sector_Map

OOC================================
SIM Concept: Evelyn Rieko and Poison Toocool
Historian: Hal Jordan (GreenLantern Excelsior)
====================================
Captain Evelyn Rieko
Executive Officer | USS Taylorholic Durant
Squadron Mentor | UFSA Halley Squadron
Director | UFSA Activities

http://ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.php?t ... elyn_Rieko]Access
Greenlantern Excelsior
Intelligence - Captain
Intelligence - Captain
Duty Post: USS Taylorholic Durant

CAST OF CHARACTERS
=================

Evelyn Rieko/Willa (Captain), XO
Alandra, Nalavee civilian ((Rain Torvalar))
Cornelia, Nalavee civilian ((Leninah Starlight))
Garrath, Nalavee rebel ((Scottland78))
Narek Siva'nek/Nyan (Lieutenant), Medical Officer (narayansivananda)
Anwe, Nalavee civilian ((danhunsaker))
Hal Jordan/Maxodevafiladon (Captain), Chief Intelligence Officer/2nd Officer ((GreenLantern Excelsior))

Left to right: Jordan, Rieko, Siva'nek, Anwe, Alandra, Cornelia, Garrath
Greenlantern Excelsior
Intelligence - Captain
Intelligence - Captain

RP NARRATIVE
===========

Evelyn Rieko/ Willa looks around at the festivities in this camp, looks around and behind them and looks to Hal, and says. "Max, I believe we are being followed after all. I see a male Nalavee coming behind us and picking up speed to catch us, he must have something to say. A message or maybe try to detain us. No matter what, we will be leaving Nalavee today. We have already spent too much time here. We must find that transmitter. You had your scanner out discreetly. What did you find out? We should be getting near the area where the transmitter is."

Alandra sighs as her sister pulls on the heavy box they found and again wonders what is in the thing and whether they can bargain for a new hair brush for it. She really needed a new hair brush.

Cornelia hurries as best she can with the box back to the village, going just faster than Alandra to make her feel the tug and hurry up. Studying it and fiddling with what looks like the lock on the front. She mutters to Alandra, "Hmmmm we should've looked inside before we started carrying it, this lock looks broken, just in case its nothing but rocks! Or anything else uninteresting." Trying to quicken the pace, "Come on Alandra, if we hurry we can still be just in time! And I really want to see what we have here! I do hope its food!"

Garrath catches up with the group and introduces himself. "Hello all." He glances at each person in this group and continues, saying, "I am Garrath! I am sure you have heard of me." He gives a big smile. "I'm the leader of the Nalavee rebels. I am strong and intelligent, and yes I can be a frightening foe! But we are all friends here, are we not? I want to offer you my protection if you join my group. If you band with us you will not just survive. If you join me, you will thrive! I have great plans for us. Are you near starving in that town? You will be well fed and happy with us."

Nyan quietly pulls my small med-tricorder out of my pocket and palms it into my right hand, having left it on silent, preparing to make a quiet scan while listening to the Captain's instructions on finding the probe and leaving as quickly as we can before we find ourselves discovered by the locals as non locals. I discreetly turn it on to scan the vicinity as our party moves along, hoping to procure the item we are looking for and getting back on the ship. I will be glad to be back on board in sick bay returning us to our standard appearances. Hearing one calling himself Garrath, I turn to listen to his words with interest.

Anwe: None too happy to see Garrath at it again, it nonetheless served as sufficient distraction to observe the group more closely. It seemed more and more likely this "north" they were from was Galactic North rather than Magnetic or True. At least one even had a small device tucked away which they thought they were using discreetly. But if they were offworlders, what did they want here? And would they interfere with the project?

Hal Jordan/Maxodevafiladon looked around at the scenery and smelled the fresh scent of vegetation. Yes, this planet was beautiful and would be a nice place for shore leave, but he was ready to get back to Durant. One of his nightmares involved being stranded on a pre-warp planet with no way to get back to what he considered civilization. He quickly looked behind him and then addressed the XO. "Yes, I see the Nalavee too. None of them appear to be hostile or violent. Apparently this one just wants to talk. My previous scan was in the Lord's home, just looking at the fragrant plant and the rug on the floor. Now that we're outside, I will scan for the transmitter." He pulled out his tricorder, shielding it from view with his body, and did a quick scan.

Rieko/Willa looks to Garrath listening, He seems quite impressed with himself and she holds back a smile as she looks at him. "Garrath, yes we have heard of you, and not good things. Well, we did hear you had a good harvest and Cero smiled on you in that way, but we are not interested in joining any group. We are on our way to the holy area to pray to Ceros." She shakes her head. "We are not interested. We will return to the north, that is where we're from. This is a journey of peace to praise and pray to our god Cero, not to join a violent group. We will not take sides. We must be on our way now." She starts to walk away.

Alandra frowns and mutters under her breath as Cornelia moves quicker and practically drags the box and her along, tummy rumbling at the mention of food. "I seriously doubt it's food. And besides, if it was, it would probably be bad by now. This thing was buried under a tree. I think it's something else. Like maybe a carving. Yeah. A carving of a beautiful princess. Made out of jewels! Just think, we could GET food. And a hairbrush too! You do know that you stole my last one right? The purple one with the white swirls. I SAW you using it, so don't even deny it!"

Cornelia arrives back at the village and places the box down by the wall. Bending down and pulling the lock off quite easily. "That was damaged I bet in the storm or the uprooting." Taking what looks to be a lid at either side. "Come on, don't just stand there, help me open this!" and pulling up the lid opens without a sound. As it stops vertically, she peers inside. Then looks to Alandra. Then back inside the silver box. "urmmm what is that?!"

Garrath: "If you change your mind about joining me, I will be here. Not all you hear is true. I am a good person that will not bring harm, just wish to share with those who help me."

Siva'nek/Nyan wanders about looking a bit restless and peering at the local flowers here and there. Acting as if in my own thoughts, I glide past the one called Anwe with my medcorder working. I let it scan her, wondering if my suspicions will be confirmed. Listening to Garrath claim his goodness. I keep walking around trying to look nonchalant. I pretend to see a very interesting flower and take a look at the medcorder, raising an eyebrow, unaware I am doing so. I need to speak to the Captain I decide, and begin to glide back over to her vicinity.

Jordan/Maxodevafiladon looked at the tricorder's scan results, then walked two meters in one direction and scanned again. The XO was still conversing with the Nalavee Garrath, so he whistled softly to get her attention and then inclined his head slightly toward two nearby Nalavee females. They were looking at an object on the ground, and had gone so far as to open the lid on it. Hal's tricorder told him without any ambiguity that this was the subspace transmitter for which they had been searching. It was probably harmless to them, but if they managed to short out the power supply, someone could be injured. He stepped over to the box. "Hello, ladies, what is this pretty thing?"

Rieko/Willa wondered if maybe Garrath is the one that will bring the Nalavee together in a positive way. Maybe his group are the good ones. Maybe Garrath is the good guy, and maybe Lord Bignha is the bad guy in all of this. She suddenly realized it is probably not as simple as that, and it is none of her business, none of the Federation's business. It is most important that they do not go against the Prime Directive and interfere in any way with these people. She nodded to Garrath and said " I wish you well." and turned to go on. She heard Hal's soft whistle and saw the nod of his head, then he ran over to two Nalavee women. She wonders what is going on. She looks to the doctor as he comes closer to her. He seems like he is also in a hurry and she decides to hear what the doctor wants to say before joining Hal.

Alandra: Still mumbling under her breath as Cornelia once again completely ignores her claim she stole her hairbrush, she practically drops the heavy box on the ground as they arrive. Watching as her sister easily opens it up, she momentarily forgets about her hairbrush as she peers down inside. Brows furrowing, she looks back up at Cornelia's query, "I have no idea what that is, but it isn't food, and it's not a carving of any kind either. Look at those pretty blinking lights though". Suddenly apprehensive, she feels her heart quicken. "Do you think we weren't meant to find this? It looks... weird. I wonder if we shouldn't take it to Elder Swanson and see what he thinks it might be?" Just then one of the strangers wanders over and in his odd accent asks a question. Letting her sister take lead, she simply looks over to her, indicating she should respond

Cornelia slaps at her sister about her clothing "I never stole your hairbrush. It's under the bed where you dropped it! But what is this? It doesn't look like food, never mind a hairbrush. It looks very strange, but it does look important and therefore VALUABLE!!! We can sell it for food AND a new hairbrush if you wanted? We just need to find someone that is dumb enough... No, I mean smart enough to see the value in such a thing! Let's see if we can make it sound important and get someone interested, yes?" Looks over to see who's near, straightening and brushing off her skirts and putting on her best salesy smile. "I don't know if we want to involve the elders in this, you know what? They'll take it out of our hands, no, let's try the strangers. That way we can get the value ourselves?" Noticing the stranger approach, she greets him. "Greetings, yes we have this fine urm ... artifact we may be looking to let go for the right price. Would you be interested, hmmm?"

Garrath: "I wish you well also... but, you do not understand! You must choose a side! Soon we will grow in numbers and we will overtake Bignha's town and we will move north and in all directions. When we arrive, you should want to be our friends, not our enemies. Again, if you change your mind you can find me. Fair winds to you."

Siva'nek/Nyan: Picking a flower that looks sturdy, I wander over to the Captain and very quietly under my breath tell her I need to explain my medcorder findings to her. "Sir, there is something a bit odd about the one Anwe's physiology I would like to show and discuss with you." I hand her the flower, hoping the gesture seems benign enough to those around us. Even feigning romantic interest to throw them off.

Anwe: The moment one of the strangers approaches the two natives and their box, everything changes. That's .... that's the transmitter... Without that, there's no way home from this place. How did the natives come across it? Trying not to panic, Anwe rushes over to the group and their precious cargo. "My, but doesn't this look amazing?!!!" They improvise.

Jordan/Maxodevafiladon smiled as the Nalavee female offered to sell him the transmitter. He looked at the device, noting its somewhat standard configuration, although he didn't recognize what race had built it. He said "Yes, I believe this would make a nice decoration for my Lord's castle. Let me take a closer look." He knelt down, inspecting the device closely and running his fingers across its surface. Casually, he deactivated the transmitter, noting that only one indicator light was extinguished. They probably hadn't noticed...he hoped. Still kneeling, he pulled out three transport enhancers from his pocket. They were disguised as ordinary twigs. "I don't have much to pay, but maybe we could make...other arrangements." He smiled and waggled his alien eyebrows suggestively.

Rieko/Willa: Hearing Garrath's words as he walked away from them, she was glad he did not try to force the issue. He is wise enough to know it is better to have willing people fighting with you. She Looked to the doctor, and then she looked at his medical tricorder... her eyes widened in surprise! She looked over at Anwe, seeing Anwe running to join Hal and the two other females. Rieko whispers, “Anwe is no Nalavee!” She looks to the doctor. "Which species is this? Let's join Hal quickly! He may be in danger!" She sends a message to Durant before she rushes over with the doctor.

Alandra: Smiling sweetly along with her sister's sales pitch, Alandra watches as the stranger bends down to fiddle with the thingy in the box. Glancing back up, he offers 'other arrangements' and she inwardly shudders at his advances. Now if it was that other tall one she saw earlier... (a moment later she shakes her head and comes back to the present) and looking down she frowns as one of the blinky lights has gone out.

Cornelia watches the man fiddling with the thing and seemingly breaking it as a light goes out "Hey you broke it ... a bit... I'm glad you like it, what say urmm." Looks at Alandra as she speaks, sort of asking her while telling him, "Maybe 20.. no 30 bananas, big green ones, oh and a hairbrush from the market and .... and ...." Looks down at his feet. "Those are nice boots? Maybe those too and you can have it and the box thrown in too?" She notices his eyebrows moving. "Are you alright there seems to be something alive in your eyebrows. I do hope it's not parasitic or anything bad that kills you before you can buy this?"

Garrath: As I walk away I wonder if I should have forced the issue more of them joining my side. I know I will need the help to fight for me.

Siva'nek/Nyan: It is a new unknown humanoid on my medcorder and my intellectual curiosity is piqued, but I am worried about this new humanoid harming any of the away team. I make myself ready if indeed we do have to fight it out to remove that probe I follow behind the Captain concealing the medcorder back into my pocket.

Anwe nearly cried as the transmitter was switched off almost imperceptibly by one of the imposters. The receivers were all functioning normally, cataloging the project's data properly, but none was being sent out for further processing, and worse, there was no way to guide in a ride home. Only quick thought - and possibly direct communication - would get them out of this mess.

Jordan/Maxodevafiladon sulked a little as the Nalavee ladies rejected his advance. He didn't feel too bad, though. Who knew what they found attractive in a mate? They seemed to have an unnatural attraction to bananas, and he had none. He displayed the three transport enhancers in his hand. "I don't have much to pay, but I can show you an amazing magic trick. Now watch carefully and notice that at no time do my hands leave my wrists." He activated and placed the enhancers on the ground in a triangular arrangement around the subspace transmitter, then looked up at the assembled group. "Now, what happens next will shock you!" He began to reach into his pocket for his combadge.

=^= Admiral Toocool and the transporter Chief onboard the Durant received the transmission from Captain Rieko and prepared to transport the away team, the non Nalavee alien, the subspace transmitter, and the transport enhancers onboard the ship. The strong ion storm had passed, but a weaker storm had formed. However with the transport enhancers Hal had activated the transport should be successful. Rieko looks at the alien Anwe, Hal, the doctor, and then at the Nalavee females. The Nalavee females will be surprised and confused when everyone except them disappears, but it could not be helped. They would just be considered as people that saw something strange that could not be explained, and no one would believe them she was sure, or better yet they would think it was a magic trick as Hal had told them he would perform. The away team had been on the planet for days, but to Rieko it felt like weeks.She was happy to be leaving. She held the combadge in her hand, brought her hand up to her mouth and said into the combadge. “energize!"

Alandra's eyes widen with wonder as the stranger holds out what looks like.. wait. What? Sticks? Pfft. Frowning, she shakes her head as he says he doesn't have much to pay. Turning to Cornelia she stage whispers, "Hear that? He doesn't have anything to pay, we should find some other sucker to pawn this thing off to."

Cornelia gets a little suspicious of this stranger and says firmly as she quickly bends down and picks up the object from the box and clutches it close to herself "I don't know what you're thinking of as 'magic' but I suggest you focus your 'magic' on bananas, hairbrushes and your boots mister if you want this artifact!" Holds onto it tightly as she nods in agreement with her sister on finding other buyers.

Garrath gathers up everyone who will side with me, saying "The time will come soon that this will be ours, reach out to all you see to help us grow."

Siva'nek/Nyan: I am glad I scanned Anwe for our medical database. I will enjoy an evening in bed reading and researching her species and see if I can determine where they are from. That's after I reverse this disguise, and have a nice hot bath in the sickbay. Hot water, a Vulcan's guilty pleasure. Prepares to be beamed up, hoping the Nalavee girls and Garrath just decide they ate some weird mushrooms or something.

Anwe's head snaps up with a start as the familiar tingle of tele-transportation technology flows through their body. This complicates things, but at the same time, it might be just the thing to explain why they're here and why the device currently in the arms of a true native is so important to restore to its original location. Taking a deep breath, they surrender themselves to the beam.

Jordan/Maxodevafiladon withdrew his hand from his pocket after seeing the XO speaking quietly into the combadge concealed in her hand. No need to send a secret beam up code when orders were being communicated in clear speech. As Durant's transporter beam enveloped the transmitter, the transport enhancers, Anwe, and the three away team members, he looked at the Nalavee females, spread his arms wide, smiled, and shouted "TA-DAAA!!!"

=^=
Greenlantern Excelsior
Intelligence - Captain
Intelligence - Captain

MISSION IMAGES
=============

Evelyn Rieko/Willa (Captain), XO

Alandra, Nalavee civilian ((Rain Torvalar))

Cornelia, Nalavee civilian ((Leninah Starlight))

Garrath, Nalavee rebel ((Scottland78))

Narek Siva'nek/Nyan (Lieutenant), Medical Officer (narayansivananda)

Anwe, Nalavee civilian ((danhunsaker))

Hal Jordan/Maxodevafiladon (Captain), Chief Intelligence Officer/2nd Officer ((GreenLantern Excelsior))

The subspace transmitter

Amazing magic trick

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant”