Ship/Station Posted: USS Magellan
Grid: Second Life

=============================================
United Federation Starfleet
USS Magellan
NCC-52141
=/\= Operations Log =/\=

Operations Officer <Captain> Alexander Zapatero reporting, Stardate 210323...

Today's mission log discusses the USS Magellan Operations department. Our agenda consisted of a variety of different topics.

First on our agenda, we went over some of the key upgrades of the ship's computer core systems. We were able to speak to a few members of the engineering staff on some of the safety and preventative measures towards ship's sensors, transporter systems, power consumption tactics, communications and incoming and outbound shuttlecrafts. All things considered, the presentation lasted a few hours.

While not as lasting a meeting as the previous, operations continued our survey of the ship by monitoring our ship's universal translator. It was noted that five different dialects aboard the Magellan were not completely translated by the device. We were able to inform Starfleet Command and receive the new language modules for these language.

In conclusion, I'd say it was quite a productive day. End report.

In Service,
Capt. Alexander Zapatero
Last edited by Zimri Zapatero on 210329.1011, edited 2 times in total.
Zimri Zapatero
Command - Captain
Command - Captain
Duty Post: Operations Officer

USS Magellan
NCC-52141
=/\= Operations Log =/\=

Operations Officer <Captain> Alexander Zapatero reporting, Stardate 210329...

With an assigned Ops team, we were able to finish calibration setups to a variety of ship computer systems. Our initial target was the ship main and auxiliary deflector. Some of the inputted algorithms we were using didn't work on the auxiliary deflector. Whenever primary and auxiliary systems were switched many space objects were colliding with the ship's starboard side. This would be a problem if the main deflector were to ever malfunction. I have submitted a repair ticket to engineering to address this matter immediately. Our primary deflector however is fully functional.

Our next target were the calibration of the ship's sensors. The process was a simple one and didn't take very long to finalize. There were no complications to report regarding them.

In conclusion, as we have received confirmation of the ship auxiliary deflector, we can begin its calibration and get everything squared away.

In Service,
Capt. Alexander Zapatero
Zimri Zapatero
Command - Captain
Command - Captain

USS Magellan
NCC-52141
=/\= Command Log =/\=

Executive Officer <Captain> Alexander Zapatero reporting, Stardate 210406

Under the instruction of Captain Finistar, the crew of the Magellan has spent the past few hours engaged in holographic training exercises. In observation, i was able to surmise there were mixed feelings regarding these. For most, the exercises served as a morale booster; a precursor to what's to come out there outside of UFS Headquarters. For others, i noticed a general distaste for the exercise. There was one thing we all agreed on however. We all couldn't wait to climb aboard the Magellan to leave.

On the command agenda is the Department of Security. I was able to retain the Chief's Security log for this week and wanted to use this opportunity to go over my findings. These areas include tactical readiness, weapons compliments and energy outputs for those weapons systems.

As a former Vice Chief of Security, my first reaction to tactical preparedness is to secure all exit points. An aggressor is only thinking about getting into where he is going so exit points are always prime targets for entry. Once inside, the threat has escalated; those tactics need to be agile enough to protect key sensitive areas. The Computer Core Room, Main Engineering and depending on the Captain's location, the bridge, Captain's quarters or Ready Room. A few hours ago, I was asked to co-facilitate a tactical drill to improve the response time of our security tactical teams. I was impressed to see this response in 6.2 seconds. I look forward to the progress being made here.

My next item on the agenda list was to inspect our phaser armaments and photon torpedo compliment. According to specs, the USS Magellan is equipped with three phaser ion cannons and two photon torpedo launchers. They all appear to be in working order.

My final item on the agenda is just a simple discussion of phaser output strength. Our training exercise was holographic and not a legitimate experience but the premise could be. As a Starfleet Engineer for two years, i am appalled to think our phaser energy output with a temperature of 4200 degrees calvin could not dissipate a wavering hurricane storm, even in theory. At our Security Chief's sign off, i have dispatched an operations team to monitor this just out of simple precaution.

In conclusion, I am quite pleased with the status of our Security department. I have submitted this recommendation to the Commanding Officer.

In Service,
Capt. Alexander Zapatero
Zimri Zapatero
Command - Captain
Command - Captain

USS Magellan
NCC-52141
=/\= Command Log =/\=

Executive Officer <Captain> Alexander Zapatero reporting, Stardate 210412

We were able to locate the missing civilian space ship we set out to find from UFS command. The bad news however is that when we arrived, the crew compliment of six that we were sent to recover were not present, not a single life sign. The ship was in complete disrepair, several microfractures present in the hull framework. The Magellan was able to erect a forcefield around the ship, long enough for us to send a team over to investigate what had happened. Our findings weren't all that conclusive either. Upon arrival, this "civilian science vessel" wasn't a science vessel at all but had the makings of a civilian bounty hunter vessel. Operations made it possible to tap into their central computer systems. We assumed their security protocols or internal systems would give us an insight on what had happened to the crew. All we were able to recover was some sort of map program with information on some sort of lost artifact. During this extraction, we soon discovered what may had taken out the previous crew. A severe rock storm bombarded the ship. This storm not only completely decimated the ship but nearly took out our away team with it. No injuries were reported. All information has been relayed to the Pinastri HQ Science Department for analysis and study.

In Service,
<Captain> Alexander Zapatero
Zimri Zapatero
Command - Captain
Command - Captain

USS Magellan
NCC-52141
=/\= Command Log =/\=

Executive Officer <Captain> Alexander Zapatero reporting, Stardate 210418

Following our expedition from the asteroid belt within the Nekrit Expanse, the USS Magellan was assigned to investigate Charon's Beacon, a station a few parsecs from our original position.

Starfleet Intelligence has reported a bit of recent illegal activity coming from this station. We have reason and suspicion to believe plans were being made to install a few weapons caches onboard this station. Of course, this is a clear violation of Starfleet protocol and directives that UFS command has with the station. However, we cannot prove it.

Upon recently, the station has come under the financial backing of two members of the Orion Confederation. We are not completely certain if this Orion Confederation has any ties with the Orion Syndicate. We began asking around the station for clues. Most of the information we gathered were inconclusive; just a few daytime stories about life traveling to and from a station.

Our away team was able to gather some information from the data and travel logs from the station. As most of the information was encrypted, this information was relayed to our operations department for analysis and is still in the process of being analyzed.

Until we are certain and are given orders to leave, I have assigned our department of security to keep a detailed scan of the area around the station for any further and suspicious activities. This information has been submitted to <Captain> Finistar for review.

In Service,
<Captain> Alexander Zapatero

Return to “USS Magellan Mess Hall”